Thursday, March 1, 2007

Communties in Schools

The Classic City Performance Learning center has made a difference in my life because before i came to Classic City I was attending Cedar Shoals and all i was doing at Cedar Shoals was skipping class, getting sent to in school suspension or not attending school at all. My freshman year of high school, which was 2004, I thought that i could skip class and not do my work and i could catch up later. That whole school year i didn't do any of my work. I made failing grades and about the end of April I thought I could pull all my grades up to at least a 70 so I could pass my classes but I was in for a surprise Because o Couldn't. The following year, which was my sophomore year, I tried to turn things around but ended up in the same trap as before. I wasn't going to class just trying to be tough and not go to class, but the second semester of tenth grade I turned things around. I went to class everyday except for a few tardies my attendance was perfect. I stayed out of in school suspension and i did all of my work so by the end of the year I had came up with a resolution; that i would attend Classic City so i could graduate because if i stayed at Cedar Shoals I would be at risk of dropping out and not grafuating at all. The following year i applied to come to Classic City and i didn't realize then how it would make a difference in my life. When i first came to Classic City I didn't know alot of people, except for a few people from Cedar Shoals. One of my first teachers a Classic City was Dr. Maudsley and he was one of the best teachers I ervr had he used to push me to do my work which wasn't really needed because I had set a goal that I was going to come to Classic City and succeed. I wanted to graduate from high school, go to college and make something out of my life. Dr. Chauhan was one of my next teaches and in the beginning of the semester she was kind of strict, I guess because she wanted to get down to business and she wanted everybody to pass her class and thanks to her attitude, everybody did. Last but not least, Ms. Campbell, she was my third teacher at Classic City. She was nice but you had to do alot of work in her class, but i managed and I passed her class. Thanks to Classic City, at the end of first semester I had passed all of my classes and I hope that this semester goes the same as before. Classic City is a very good school because if you go to Classic City you are there for one or two reeasons, the first one is you want to graduate and the second one is you just don't want to go to Cedar Shoals or Clarke Central. I think that 90% of the kids that go to Classic City because at the other two high schools the teachers don't take the time to teach you the curriculum, they expect you to just get it the first time; but at Classic City the teachers take the time to explain the work to you. In the second semester we opened up the Even Start, which is a child care facility for the kids of students that attend Classic City; I think that is very good because now most students don't have a excuse not to come to school because we offer childcare and much much more. We also offer a Ged program which is for 8 months and after you have completed 8 months you will recieve your Ged.

No comments: