Monday, March 31, 2008

Mentor log

March 26,2008
3:00- 5:00

I met with my mentor detective Sauters for the first time he is a detective at the clarke county police department in the unit robbery/homicide he is a Sargent detective. On this day i met all the people in the criminal investigations unit including Captain Clarence Holeman one of Athens very known Police officers i also met the assistant cheif he was very nice and laid back. During my 2 hours their we went over the in and outs of being a homicide detective and what is needed and how much time would need to be on the streets in order to become a detective the interesting thing about becoming a detective is that it is known to be a male dominant field and most women are not interested in stuff like that so when a woman applies to become a police if hired she will only need to spen 3- 6 months on the streets then she will be promoted to criminal investigations. I alsom met with Kim johnson she is used to be a homicide investigator but no longer works as one but she still works in criminal investigations. I also applied for a job as a dispatcher working during the summer to get some time under my belt so when i do apply for the job i will have some previous experience. The first day we just talked about my career goals and he told me about his job.

No comments: