Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The Quiet Little Girl Name Sally

The Quiet Little Girl Name Sally
Today I visited the hospital to go see a friend of mine who had just had a newborn baby girl. I went to speak to her and to see ho she was doing, and then I headed to the nursery. When I walked in I saw all kinds of colors and pictures on the walls. They had pictures of babies and toys. It smelled so good.
As soon as I walked in I saw hundreds of babies of different colors and sizes. Some of the babies were very small and some of the babies were just huge. All the babies were pretty and had on pretty clothing. I walked around the room and glanced at all the babies to see if I recognized any of the faces, but I didn’t. I asked the nurse if she could show me where Sally was, and she led me to one of the biggest and beautiful babies in the room. She had on a pink diaper with a little pink hat on her head. She was so pretty, and big She was a caramel color with long curly black hair. She looked like she weighed about ten pounds.
I reached out to pick her up, and she held her arms out to me. As soon as I picked her up, the fresh smell of baby lotion and powder evaporated into the air. She laid her head on my shoulder, and I rocked her to sleep. I felt very shocked and happy that she laid her head on me, and she didn’t even know me.
Each day I went to see Sally, and she looked the same as months ago. She was still the big curly haired baby that I had seen for the first in the nursery, (even though she had grown.) I remembered her as I saw her for the first time; the quiet little girl named Sally. Every time I go to see Sally, I always tell her the story about when I first saw her at the hospital. I tell her about all the other babies and how they looked and how she was one of the biggest babies in the entire hospital and all she does is laugh. I enjoy going to see Sally because she makes my day. She loves to play outside and ride her bike and one of her favorite things to do is watch Barney and eat fruit snacks.
Yesterday was a special day because I will be babysitting Sally for the first time. I am looking forward to babysitting her because her mother always tells me good things about Sally. She tells me how Sally is just an energetic baby and how she just loves to crawl around and play with her dolls. I think that it was a great experience to spend the whole day with Sally. Sally and me went outside and sat on the porch and watched the cars go by. After a while Sally got restless so it was time for her daily snack and nap.
to eat and then take her daily nap. I went in the kitchen to fix Sally a bottle and get her a cup of applesauce. I warmed her bottle up, and held her in my arms and watched her drink away. After she finished her bottle, I opened up the cup of applesauce and the smell of fresh apples escaped into the air. When she finished I burped her and laid her down to go to sleep. As the days went by I visited Sally. It seemed each time I saw her she was getting bigger by the day, And soon she started to crawl. Then she started making babyish sounds that sounded like her tongue was tied.

No comments: